- Ikea Tekla Dish Towel – Best snot rags ever. Even on my worst allergy days, I never get the painfully raw red noses anymore. They can handle my worst drippiest snottiest days. They don’t disintegrate in my work bags. I haven’t left a forgotten tissue in the laundry since. Seriously so convenient. I think I bought 15 of them so they last me through the week and I use them daily. They’re also good to take to the gym as a face towel – clean ones of course. Even though they’re not terry cloth, they are soft enough to use on my face and absorbent. I eat with them too (again, a fresh one) to wipe my mouth (and nose when I’m eating spicy foods). So practical, sturdy, and multi-functional.
- Peanut Butter and Apples – This is a classic, but this year, it was also my go-to snack, dessert, and craving satisfier.
- Raw Shea Butter – When cream doesn’t cut it against severe dry flaky skin, I got regular shea butter. It’s thick and oily. Great for severe dry skin and lips. By the way, the same company sells African black soap which is great as a shaving soap as well as a face wash. Also a thumbs up.
- Paperblanks Midi Journal – Too dang small. Pages are too small and there are too few pages. For me, this size is for shopping lists, but it’s too nice and fancy a binding.
- Lindt Dark Noir 99% Cocoa chocolate bar – I love dark chocolate but this made my mouth pucker. I think I found my maximum limit on the percentage of dark chocolate. 90% is still okay, but 99% took the joy out of eating chocolate for me.
- Not That Kind of Girl – This book was a miss for me. I couldn’t even get past the first chapter or two. It was too angsty and whiny? Whatever it was, I didn’t enjoy it and 2016 was the year I decided life was too short to trudge through books I didn’t enjoy. I wonder if I would have liked it when I was in high school though. I enjoyed The Catcher in the Rye as a kid, and that featured an angsty adolescent too.